Friday, June 2, 2023

Baharagora: Cash and goods destroyed in fire


Mail News Service

Jamshedpur, Dec 16: Cash worth Rs 2 lakh and household goods were gutted in a fire that broke out in a house belonging to one Deepak Kumar Mishra of Rasikpur village under Rajlaband panchayat of Baharagora on Thursday. The incident reportedly occurred in the afternoon and was caused by a suspected short circuit, sources said.

Mishra informed his neighbours and fire department about the incident. By the time fire officials could reach the spot, the villagers tried to douse the flames, but failed. The fire was controlled after much effort, sources said.

Mishra said he had kept Rs 2 lakh for the purpose of house construction work. The fire destroyed the cash along with almirah, utensils and clothes among other things, he said.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles