Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Jamshedpur witnesses first dengue death, class 11 student dies

Jamshedpur, July 19: The steel city witnessed the first causality due to dengue after a 16-year-old boy died of vector-borne disease.
The victim Anmol Kandulna, a class 11 student of Kendriya Vidyalaya and a resident of Loco Colony under Parsudih police station was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Tata Motors Hospital in Telco.

He was referred from the Railway Hospital in Khasmahal with high fever and low blood pressure on Monday afternoon to Tata Motors Hospital. He died at the hospital last night around 9.30 pm.

As his condition deteriorated, Anmol was referred to the Tata Motors Hospital. The hospital officials said that they had kept the patient at the intensive care unit as his blood pressure level was very low.

District civil surgeon S K Jha confirmed the death of the teenager due to dengue. The NS 1 antegen conducted was tested positive. The patient had developed several complications. Before the serum samples for Elisa could be sent the patient died.

Sahir Pall, East Singhbhum district officer for the Centre’s Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme, said hospitals in and around the steel city had confirmed 30 cases of dengue so far this monsoon. The patients are from various places like Mango , Jugsalai, Baridih, Kitadih.

” We had sent samples of 10 more suspected cases to the micro-biology department of MGM Medical College in Dimna. The report is expected in a day or two,” he said.

“We need to identify habitual offenders who have been warned by the health department officials and have vector breeding points destroyed during recent drive and imposing fine against them after destroying such points,” said the deputy commissioner after chairing a review meeting on dengue action plan of the district health department at the district collectorate.

“We have instructed the MGM Medical College and Hospital and other private hospitals, including TMH and Tata Motors Hospital to set up isolation wards for the treatment of dengue cases. We will once again check up the arrangement for treating the patients suffering from the killer disease and also to check the spread of this viral disease,” said another official.

According to experts the unattended filth and garbage spread all over are some of the major reasons that have led to the breeding of mosquitoes. In most cases, the garbage and waste is overflowing for days as the concerned staff do not bother to remove it through the waste lifters. Areas like Jugsalai, Baghbera, Pursudih, Marine Drive, Sundernagar are worst hit.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles