Property worth over Rs 1 crore destroyed
Jamshedpur: More than 40 bikes were reduced into ashes as a major fire broke out at a two-wheeler Suzuki showroom located at Sankosai Road No 1 under Ulidih police station of Mango.
According to information an electrical short circuit is suspected to be the cause behind the major tragedy that had begun at 5: 30 am on Saturday and spread over the showroom within minutes. However no causality was reported. The showroom MBD Suzuki was inaugurated recently.
The extent of damage caused by the fire was yet to be ascertained, but if the statement of the shop-keeperis to be believed, property worth over Rsone crore have been damaged in the fire.
On receiving the information of the incident, Ulidih police and fire brigade team reached the spot. The blaze flames were controlled after about three hours of hard work. Showroom owner Gaurishankar Gaur said that the burning of vehicles has caused damage to more than one crore.
“The site was horrifying as the flames flashed across the sky. Though as the news spread they swung into action and started dousing the fire by resorting to the pouring water in the shops. But the intensity of the fire was so high that before they could understand anything, the fire continued to engulf the entire showroom,” said, an eye witness.
Sources informed that the people could not gauge the intensity of fire and they failed to call for the fire brigade on time. “This is the reason that it was delayed to get the fire-brigade informed, and as a result of which the fire-tender arrived at the scene about half-an-hour after the fire had been triggered,” he said.
OC, Ulidihthana, Mukesh Chaudhury said that the fire broke out at about 5: 30 am, and the fire was brought under control by 7 am.
“Panic prevailed across the area as the police arrived. It took about three hours to the fire-brigades fought for dousing the flame completely. No causality was reported as the incident took place,” he said.
“As the news reached our office we came into action. However, had we been informed a bit earlier we would have been able to control it much earlier,” said an official of the government fire station in Golmuri.