Friday, March 24, 2023

Dead bodyfound in Parsudih


Criminals keep Jamshedpur cops on toes

Jamshedpur : Even as the police is battling to crack the two recent back-to-back criminal cases, each of murder and attempt to murder, a third case of suspected murder confronted police on Saturday.

A 28-year-old SandipYadav, who was missing for the last four days, was found lying dead in the deep well located in the Durga Puja maidan behind Golpahari temple under Pursudih police station area.

The body of Yadav, who is a resident of the same locality, was traced by the locals who subsequently informed the police.

“We are told that the deceased (Yadav) was not in good state of mind for the last several days (reason not yet known for unstable mind) so it could be that he committed suicide however we need to wait for the investigation (to conclude),” said senior police superintendent, Amol V Homkar.

Earlier, on Friday, the police had recovered the body of a 27-year-old jeweler, Santosh Kumar Verma, near a water pump in Pankipani under Bodam police station area, about 2KM from the city. Verma, who was smashed to death with a boulder, owns a jewellery shop AlankaranJewellers at Mango Chowk.

Police suspect the murder was pre-planned as the body was found in the remote location. “We have got some clues and working on them closely possibly case would be cracked soon,” said the SSP.

The jewellery shops in the Mango remained closed for the day in protest against the police’s alleged negligence in protecting Verm’a life.

“Had the police acted swiftly after missing report was lodged than possibly his life could have saved,” said a functionary of SwarankarVikasManch (SVM) that has called dawn to dusk closure of jewellery shops in Mango.
Verma’s family that stays in Mango had lodged missing report with the Mango police station on Thursday night after the victim didn’t return home till late evening hours.

In connection with the gun attack on Tata Steel officer Vipul Kumar, the police are close to crack the case as it has gathered corroborative material in this regard. “We have ascertained the motive soon we will disclose,” SSP said.

Kumar, 42, sustained two bullets while he was about to enter into his car at United Club when two unidentified motor-cycle borne assailants shot at him on November 23. He is currently recuperating at TMH.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles