Saturday, September 30, 2023

Students call Jharkhand bandh on June 10,11 to protest recruitment policy

Himalayan Paths

Jamshedpur, June 8: Protest against the new recruitment policy is going on continuously in Jharkhand.

This protest, which started with the Twitter campaign, registered its protest through many mediums including assembly gherao, Chief Minister’s residence gherao, effigy burning.

During this many times fierce demonstrations have also been done by the students.

Against students of Jharkhand State Student Union have called for Jharkhand bandh on coming 10th and 11th June.

Students roaming around with sakhua leaves by playing mandar-nagada, informing that students are opposing the recruitment policy regarding Jharkhand bandh are making plans and are calling upon the people to make this bandh successful.

The organization has also started campaigning for this in many districts. Earlier, the group of students met all the leaders and MPs of the state and sought their support in opposing the recruitment policy.

Incidentally, proposal of the planning policy, which is being strongly opposed at present, has been approved only in the cabinet. As of now it has neither been passed by the assembly nor its gazette letter has been made. But there is strong opposition among the students regarding this 60-40 based policy.

It should be known that before the previous government, there was a provision of 50 percent reservation in appointments. But, after the reservation of upper castes under EWS was added to it, it became 60 percent. In this case, appointments on 60 percent seats will be for reserved category candidates of Jharkhand, while 40 percent seats are ‘open to all’.

This means that only 60 percent of the reserved seats are such that only candidates from Jharkhand are to be appointed, in the remaining 40 percent of the seats youth from any state can get employment in Jharkhand.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles