Friday, March 31, 2023

Seraikela lynching: JAP deployed at Dhatkidih village, males continue to abscond


Autopsy of victim remains inconclusive

Mail News Service

Jamshedpur, June 27 : Jharkhand Armed Police (JAP) have been deployed at the Dhatkidih village under Sini police station outpost and Seraikela police station area, where  24-year  Tabrez Ansari was allegedly  fell victim of mob lynching on the wee hours of June 18. “We want to ensure that the people remain safe. The police want to nail rumour mongers. We have made adequate deployment of forces at Dhatkidih keeping in view the situation,” said OC, Seraikela thana, Avinash Kumar.

He said the male folks of the village continued to abscond in fear even though they have already arrested 11 persons who were involved in the assault on the victim.

Seraikela-Kharsawan superintendent of police, Karthik S said that they have appealed  people to stay away from rumours . “ We want people to remain away from rumours. The situation at the village is normal,” he noted.

Tabrez, who was in judicial custody after the attack at Dhatkidih village in Seraikela-Kharsawan district, about 35 Km from Jamshedpur , on June 18 during which the mob allegedly forced him to chant ” Jai Shri Ram”, died at the Seraikela Sadar Hospital on June 22. The victim was a resident of Kharsawan, Tabrez was caught after stealing a motorcycle, a purse, a voter I-card and cellphone from Dhatkidih along with two of his associates. He was nabbed by a group of villagers.

Meanwhile, the autopsy report of alleged lynching victim Tabrez Ansari of Kharsawan remained inconclusive. The three member team of doctors who had conducted the autopsy under a medical board have sent the viscera of the victim to Ranchi’s  forensic science laboratory. They are yet to conclude whether Tabrez actually fell victim to lynching or not.

One of the three members of the medical board said there were no  such injury  that might have become his cause of death. “As per our investigation there was a deep wound in the left knee of the victim and marks of bruises on his back, and it cannot be the cause of his death,” he said. 

According to Sadar Hospital sources, Dr Sahid Anwar who was on emergency duty of the hospital had checked Tabrez before sending him to the jail.

According to the sources, in the jail, the jail doctor, Dr Pati checked Tabrez throughout June 18, 19 and June 20 and the condition of the under-trial was quite normal.  On June 21, Dr Pati went on leave and hence Dr OP Keshri of the Sadar Hospital had visited the divisional jail and had checked Tabrez.

Keshri said incidentally, when Tabrez fell down in the jail and was subsequently brought to the hospital, he was on duty and checked him. “During medical check  he was finding difficulty in breathing . It was his   last stage.  Before we could think of any alternative, he died,” said Keshri.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles