Thursday, June 1, 2023

Locals block Bhuniyadih Main Road to protest against minor�s rape,


Jamshedpur, Jan. 18: Residents of Kanu Bhatta blocked the Bhuniyadih Main Road for about four hours on Monday against the police�s failure to arrest the culprits who raped a 4-year-old tribal girl in Sidhgora locality under the jurisdiction of the Sidhgora Police Station on Saturday.

The four-hour road blockade on Monday created hell of a situation for the commuters as small children, old people, men, women all came down on the road and protested against the district administration and state government. The protestors also burnt tyres at several spots of the area and stopped vehicles from crossing the area.

Despite several assurances from the local police, the protestors were not ready to bog down and the blockade was lifted only when DSP K N Mishra intervened and gave a written assurance to the protestors that the culprits would be arrested within the next 24 hours. The protestors were also against the police who are picking up several youths from the bastis for interrogation related to the crime.

A protestor said instead of arresting the main culprits, police keep on troubling the youths of the area and pick them up from their houses for interrogation, which are taking a mental toll on them.

The protestors were up against the district administration and the Chief Minister Raghubar Das and shouted slogans against them. They said though the incident occurred in the area where the CM resided in the city, he was silent against the incompetence of the Sidhgora police. Das has still not released special orders to district administration to act in this matter neither has he expressed sympathy to the family of the victim.

Significantly, the accused had picked up the girl from her thatched house when her parents were reportedly sleeping inside after returning from Tusu mela on Friday night. The girl was taken to an isolated place where the culprit committed the crime.

Locals spotted the girl crying near a bush on Saturday morning and informed the police. On receiving information, the DSP and his team rushed to the spot along with the other policemen and took the girl to the MGM Medical College and Hospital, where doctors referred her to Tata Main Hospital for better treatment.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles