Monday, September 25, 2023

Jamshedpur doctor assaulted after death of an infant girl

Himalayan Paths

SDO promises to arrest the culprits within 24 hours

Mail News Service

Jamshedpur, September 19:  In a shocking incident which took place  late on Monday night, a doctor at Kolhan’s largest government heal hub, MGM Hospital, was brutally assaulted following the unfortunate death of a 4-year-old girl.

The incident has sparked outrage within the medical community and led to a protest by doctors at the hospital.

The doctor at the center of this incident was identified as Dr. Kamlesh. He was attacked after the infant patient, Anu Pradhan, breathed her last during the course of treatment..The  family of the deceased, who hail from Devnagar under the Sitaramdera police station area, immediately expressed their anger and grief, accusing Dr. Kamlesh of medical negligence.

The situation worsened quickly, resulting in an appalling act of violence against the doctor in the ICU ward of the hospital.

The incident sent shockwaves through the MGM Hospital as chaos erupted within the premises. Hospital staff, patients, and visitors were left in a state of panic as the situation went out of control. Fortunately, intervention from those present at the scene eventually quelled the commotion.

As the news of the doctor’s assault spread, the medical community at MGM Hospital rallied in protest. On Tuesday, doctors, nurses, and medical staff went on a strike, refusing to perform any non-emergency medical procedures. They assembled in front of the hospital superintendent’s office, demanding safety and justice for Dr. Kamlesh and expressing their concerns over the safety of medical professionals in the workplace.

The strike had significantly affected the hospital’s regular operations, leading to the postponement of non-urgent treatments and surgeries. Patients in need of immediate medical attention were still being attended to by the doctors on duty at the emergency services.

This incident has once again highlighted the growing concerns regarding the safety of healthcare workers, who often face challenging situations  while providing care. The hospital administration and local authorities are currently investigating the assault, and it remains to be seen what actions will be taken against those responsible.

The strike, which disrupted medical services and caused concern among patients, ended  after sub-divisional officer (SDO) Piyush Sinha intervened and promised to expedite the arrest of the assailants within 24 hours.

The SDO, upon learning about the escalating situation, arrived at the hospital to engage in discussions with the agitating medical professionals. During the meeting, the doctors expressed their grievances regarding the security lapses within the hospital premises and their fear of working under such conditions.

In response to their concerns, SDO Sinha assured the doctors that the administration would take immediate action to address the security issues. Furthermore, he promised that a dedicated team of law enforcement officers would be assigned to investigate the assault case with a mandate to identify and apprehend the assailants within the next 24 hours.

The tragic events at MGM Hospital serve as a stark reminder of the need for improved security measures and support for healthcare professionals who dedicate their lives to saving others. The medical community’s protest underscores their commitment to addressing these issues and ensuring the safety of both patients and medical staff in future.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles