Saturday, June 10, 2023

Grocery shop gutted in fire in Jugsalai


Jamshedpur: Property worth several lakhs was gutted in a fire that broke out in a grocery shop at Gauri Shankar Road, Jugsalai, in the wee hours of Saturday.

No casualty was however reported in the incident.

Sources said the fire broke out after midnight when the grocery shop was shut down. Flames emanating inside the shop engulfed the food grains and other items kept on the premises.

Soon the fire spread all around and caused smoke to billow out of the shop. Alarmed over the incident, the shop owner Mohammad Nazir and his neighbours opened the shop and tried to douse the fire. The fire was controlled after much labour, sources said.

Nazir told police the cause of the mishap could be short circuit. Police officials said they were investigating into the incident to find out if foul play was involved in the mishap.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles