Sunday, May 16, 2021

Youth dies of electrocution at Azadnagar

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Jamshedpur: A 26 year old youth, identified Sonu Kumar Dubey, a hoarding installer, died of electrocution near Chepal Pul under Azadnagar PS on Monday.

The mishap occurred in the evening when the deceased was busy doing installing a hoarding on the road side. Suddenly, Dubey came in direct contact with a high tension cable passing close by and fell down. The youth was died immediately due to electrocution, sources said.

Irked over the incident, local residents blocked the main road and demanded compensation for the next of kin of the deceased. Electricity department officials reached the scene and tried to persuade the protestors. After several hours, the situation was restored to normalcy with the department officials assuring to improve the layout of high tension cables in the locality.

Police registered a case of unnatural death in this connection. The body of the deceased was sent to MGM Medical College for postmortem examination.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles