Saturday, December 2, 2023

Woman to manage sand-mining at Musabani

Jamshedpur: The auction process of sand-mining ghats by Jamshedpur District Administration continued Monday for 10 more ghats.
It was the first time that a woman, Delho Tudu has kept the sand-mining ghat of Meria Panchayat at Musaboni to her kitty.

The opening bid by district administration of Rs 1.20 crores reaped in a revenue of Rs 2 crore 37 lakh and 90 thousand.

Out of 39 sand-mining ghats in the district, the auction of 22 ghats have been completed. The remaining 17 ghats shall be auctioned later as they would be auctioned at the government level for which applications shall be received from the interested parties after a tender is floated. This may take over a month to be completed.

It may be noted that 80 percent of the total revenue collected shall be used for the development of Gram Sabha and Gram Panchayat. The remaining 20 percent shall go to the Mining department.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles