Jamshedpur, July 25: In a shocking incident, two men from Bihar died of snake-bites at a petrol pump premises in Kharsawan in the adjoining Seraikela-Kharsawan district, spreading fear among the locals. The incident took place at the premises of Burudih petrol pump at Kharsawan.
The deceased were identified as Sambhu Singh (40) and Rakesh Rai (35), both Bardiha village in Siwan district of Bihar. The deceased were engaged in beautification work of a petrol pump at Burudih.
According to information, both the victims had slept on the ground at the pump whereas the other three slept on a slab nearby. In the morning, Sambhu and Rakesh did not wake up. Their other coworkers tried a lot to wake them up by repeated attempts. Then considering them to have lost their consciousness the pump management rushed the two to the Seraikela Sadar Hospital, where the doctor on emergency duty declared them to be dead. The doctor confirmed that the duo were killed due to bites of any poisonous snake.
Prasad said the bodies have been kept in the hospital morgue as the police said they would release the bodies for last rite only after a Covid test and subsequent autopsy.
OC, Seraikela thana, Sanoj Chaudhury confirmed about the twin snake-bite deaths at Burudih petrol pump.