Saturday, May 21, 2022
spot_img
Array

Saryu Roy inspects 4 KM stretch on NH 33, orders administration to prepare estimate for road repairing

Minister to provide Rs 1 crore from MLA fund to fill the potholes

Jamshedpur, July 29: Forty eight hours after he offered Rs 1 crore from his MLA local area development fund to make the 4km stretch of the highway, State food and civil supplies minister Saryu Roy along with with a team of engineers from road construction department and Mango Notified Area Committee ( MNAC) Sunday inspected the 4 Km stretch of NH-33 between DimnaChowk and Pardih.

Roy, who is the Jamshedpur West assembly constituency had on Friday offered Rs 1 crore from his MLA local area development fund to repair the 4km stretch of the highway that passes through the steel city.

During the inspection which began at noon and continued for about two hours, the minister expressed concern over the potholes on the national highway.

“I am concern over the plight of the road and decided to visit the spot. I have come to know that absence of drainage system on both sides of the national highway results in water logging on the road whenever it rains. There is an utmost need for proper drainage system. Absence of drains also forces water to enter the residential colonies located on both sides of the highway,” said Roy.

Roy said that he decided to provide Rs 1 crore from MLA fund to fill the potholes and make the stretch motorable till the time proper repairing is done. He directed the deputy commissioner of East SinghbhumAmit Kumar to ask the road construction department for preparing an estimate of the road repairing job as early as possible.

During the inspection, the minister was also surprised to find that no land acquisition work took place between Baliguma and Pardih.

He also hinted that a PIL will soon be filed in in Jharkhand High Court either by a resident of Mango or a party activist over non-commencement of the widening work of NH-33 between Baliguma and Pardih, which witnesses a huge traffic.
On July 25, Jharkhand High Court had ordered a CBI probe into the delay behind the NH-33 widening work.

The project to widen to four lanes the 128km stretch of NH-33 connecting Ranchi and Jamshedpur was expected to have been completed in April 2015. The contractor, Ranchi Expressways, had given an undertaking to the court in August last year that work would be completed by July this year.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

5,000FansLike
2,000FollowersFollow
8,000FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles