Saturday, January 28, 2023
spot_img
Array

Property worth lakhs gutted in fire at Jugsalai

Jamshedpur: A day after 40 bikes were burnt in a showroom, properties worth several lakhs were gutted in a fire which broke out on the second floor of a three-storeyed residential house near Ghoda Chowk under Jugsalai police station area early Sunday morning.

The fire is suspected to have been triggered by short circuit.The house in which the fire broke out belongs to Darshan Singh, a businessman having a manufacturing unit in the Adityapur industrial area.

According to information, domestic appliances and other valuables worth over Rs 10 lakh were destroyed in the incident. No casualty was reported in the mishap. The fire was doused by three fire tenders.

As the house was located in the densely-populated area and in a narrow lane, the fire-fighters had a tough time to douse the fire.

Singh’s son Daljit said the fire caught sometime between 5.30 am to 6 am when they were all asleep.

“We are in state of shock. My sister-in-law Rinkle first smelt something burning. She rushed and opened the door and saw black smoke coming from the store-room. Soon she screamed and said the house on fire causing all the family members, including children to wake up and came out of the house abruptly,” said Daljit.
As the news spread, a police control van reached near their house. Within 20 minutes a fire-tender reached the spot.

The family said that they are yet to estimate the extent of loss but said that it would more than Rs 10 lakh.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

5,000FansLike
2,000FollowersFollow
8,000FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles