Saturday, December 9, 2023

Mystery shrouds death of a 21-year-old youth at a lodge in Jamshedpur

Police suspect overdose of drugs

Jamshedpur: Mystery shrouds death of a 21-year-old youth, Ankit Kumar, who was a resident of Mango who died during celebrating a friend’s birthday party at a lodge in Adityapur.

The deceased had come from Bangalore on Saturday afternoon and had gone over to Adityapur along with a friend for celebrating the birthday and died there.

While the family members allege that Ankit might have given poison at the birthday party, the police suspect the deceased might have taken overdose of drugs during celebrating the birthday.

The police have taken three of Ankit’s friends in custody and have also recovered intoxicating stuff like cocaine from the room.

Those taken into custody were identified as Ashist Mahto, Ashish Tiwary and Perminder Singh.  A fourth friend Mohammed Azad who is allegedly a marijuana supplier has absconded.

A relative said that Ankit had got a job at a company after completing his two-years diploma course in NTTF in Golmuri. ” We are all in a state of shock . Ankit had gone to Bangalore for training four months ago and had come home on Saturday afternoon. After he returned home met his mother Kiran Devi before leaving for Adityapur along with a friend, Parminder in the evening.  Ever since he left home at Kedar Bagan in Mango, his cellphone was on, but he was not responding.

He said his friends had taken the deceased to Tata Main Hospital about two hours after he had collapsed at the lodge. ” He was a decent guy. We suspect, some of his  friends might have given my brother poisonous food otherwise they would have received the call being made on the cellphone repeatedly even if Ankit was senseless,” said Anil.

OC, Adityapur, Shusma Kumari said that the youth Ankit Kumar might have died of the excessive dose of drug. “We are probing three of his friends and they all said that he was sick even before coming to the lodge for birthday celebration of one of them, Ashish Mahto.  When he collapsed past midnight, they had tried to bring him to sense by pouring water on him and ultimately brought him to the Tata Main Hospital at about 10 am on Sunday,” said the OC.

Shusma Kumari said the three youths are still in the custody of the police and they would register a case only after getting an FIR from the family members of the deceased, adding that as of now they maintain that the death was due to consumption of narcotic drugs.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles