Jamshedpur, May 13: Fire razed Shantikunj Market in Munshi Mohalla in Mango thana area on Thursday early morning. Two shops were badly gutted in the fire while two other shops were partially damaged and goods worth Rs 20 lakh have been damaged in the fire.
Two fire tenders managed to douse the flames within two hours as otherwise the fire would have caused great damage as shops are located close to each other and residential houses are located on above the shops. Timely alert by the locals led to snapping of electrical connection and fire fighters were informed.
Mango thana inspector Vinay Kumar claimed short circuits as the reason for the fire.
Shantikunj Market owner Alok Singh said that Varsha Ladies Corner which is owned by him has goods worth Rs 6 lakh damaged in fire while Shri Balaji Jewellers has suffered damage of Rs 10 lakh and Om Agency has suffered loss of Rs 2 lakh