Jamshedpur: A fire broke out at a tyre shop adjacent to Jugsalai Station Road Kali Mandir on Sunday afternoon. In the mishap, items worth thousands of rupees were burnt to ashes. New and old tyres kept in the store were burnt to ashes. Luckily, the air tank kept in the shop did not explode otherwise a big accident could have happened. Two ATMs adjacent to the shop would also get damaged. There was also a firecracker shop a short distance away.
The incident has damaged the Kali temple. City Patrolling police team reached the spot on receiving the news of the shop fire. With the help of the local people started to extinguish the fire. The fire department was also informed by the time the fire engine arrived. People overcame the fire. The fire caused panic for some time on the station road. The roads were blocked.
After completely extinguishing the fire, the road was lifted. It was not known how the fire was. Jugsalai police station arrived on the spot. The shopkeeper questioned the owner. He explained the cause of the fire as a short circuit. He told that people saw smoke coming out of the shop. By the time they arrived, everything was done.
City patrolling personnel said that they were at Jugsalai Veer Kunwar Singh Chowk. Information was received from common people. Everyone arrived there. With the help of people, the fire was extinguished, but there was nothing left in the shop.