Jamshedpur: A father and son duo died of electrocution in Amlagora village under Lodhasholi panchayat of Chakulia on Monday.
The tragic incident occurred around 2 pm when Sajjan Barik, 25, came in direct contact with a live wire. In a bid to save him, his father Dhirendra Nath Barik too, came in contact with the wire. Both father and son died at the scene. They were taken to Chakulia Community Health Centre where they were pronounced brought dead, sources said.
Many local politicians reached the health centre and condoled the deaths.