Tuesday, June 15, 2021
spot_img
Array

80 chicks and paddy burnt in major fire in Potka village

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Jadugora: As many as 80 chicks were burnt alive and property worth several lakh was gutted in a major fire that broke out in a house in Dhatkidih village of Hathivinda panchayat of Potka here on Saturday.

The incident occurred around 11.30 am when an electricity wire passing through the thatched roof led to a short circuit.

Sparks from the wire led to a fire in the thatched roof of the cottage belonging to Govind Bhakta, a chicken trader. The fire first engulfed a sack of paddy and soon spread all over the house.

Cash worth Rs 20,000, books, a refrigerator and a ceiling fan were also burnt in the fire. Property worth Rs 3.5 lakh was destroyed in the mishap, Bhakta said.

The fire spread to adjoining houses and caused destruction of property belonging to Bhakta’s neighbours, Ranjit Bhakta, Ujjwala Bhakta, Vishalya Bhakta, Thakurmuni Bhakta, Veena Pani Bhakta and Dhanpati Bhakta. The victims sought financial help and compensation from the MLA of Potka Menka Sardar following the mishap.

Before fire tenders from Central Industrial Security Force reached the village, the fire had caused substantial destruction.

The villagers said they expected prompt help from the district administration to bear the huge loss caused by the fire.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

5,000FansLike
2,000FollowersFollow
8,000FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles