Conakry, Sep 25 (IANS) Guinea’s Justice Minister Cheick Sacko has revealed that 22 suspects had been arrested in connection with last week’s killing of officials involved in sensitisation of the public against the Ebola virus disease in the southeastern region of Wome.
Among those arrested was Labile Haba, a 30-year-old hawker who is believed to have been the head of the operation, Xinhua reported citing the minister.
Other suspects include two residents of Wome who had tried to flee to Cote d’Ivoire, as well as their two colleagues arrested in the town of Gueckedou in Guinea’s southern region.
The justice minister, who was speaking on a local radio station Wednesday, said the suspects who were arrested a day after the killing of eight government officials involved in the anti-Ebola sensitisation campaign, had been questioned by the investigators.
“The suspected perpetrators of these assassinations will be charged before a special sitting of the Conakry Court of Appeal,” the justice minister said.