Mail News Service
Jamshedpur, April 7: In a bizarre incident, about 20 passengers of New Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express fell sick due to alleged food-poisoning before reaching Gomo station on Sunday morning. The passengers who had complaints of vomiting and stomach ache had fallen sick after taking a non-vegetarian food in the breakfast.
The passengers were provided medical care by the doctors at the Gomo railway hospital. A few passengers were also attended by the doctors at the Bokaro and Tatanagar railway station enroute Bhubaneshwar.
The arrival time for the New Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express at Tatanagar was 10.35 am, but the train arrived at the station at 1.45 pm and left Tatanagar station at 2.15 pm.
The complaints of vomiting and stomach ache had come from two coaches, B-2 and B-3 of the Rajdhani Express.
One of the passengers, said that there was some problem in the chicken curry the pantry had served in the breakfast. Those including me had developed stomach ache about 10 minutes after taking the breakfast.
The passengers had got extremely irritated as the train was running over three hours late by the time it reached Tatanagar station, where it halted for 30 minutes in stead of five minutes.
Senior divisional commercial manager, Chakradharpur, Bhaskar who is a spokesman for the Chakradharpur railway division confirmed that about a dozen passengers of the New Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express had fallen sick.
“We ensured that passengers are given medical care at the Gomo station beside at Bokaro as well as Tatanagar stations,” said Bhaskar.