Thursday, September 16, 2021
spot_img
Array

Two die after inhaling poisonous gas

Noamundi: Two persons died and one was taken ill seriously by a mixture of poisonous gases at Bhangaon Panchayet under Jagannathpur Block on Thursday.

They deceased have been identified as Jay Singh Purty (22), resident of Kadajamda, Dilip Bobonga (32), resident of the same village.

Dinesh Jerai, survived in the gas tragedy, has been rushed to Champua Hospital (Odisha) in serious condition.
Police in-charge of Jagnnathpur police station Rohit Kumar said, “The incident took place on Wednesday when the owner of the house Sukhram Bobonga summoned Jay Singh and Dilip Bobonga to clean the ring well on his house premises. The duo went 30 feet down the well with generator to pump out water.

They started the machine‘s engine but it stopped after releasing smoke. Entire well was filled with poisonous gases which made Jay and Dilip unconscious.”

Kumar further said, “The survivor also came into the contact of poisonous gas but survived. The villagers did not inform the police station.

They panicked and left the village. On Thursday we were informed by Jampani panchayet Mukhiya Sona Mohan purty. We are unable to tell what kind of gases killed them. We will wait for post –mortem report.”

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

5,000FansLike
2,000FollowersFollow
8,000FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles