Jamshedpur, Jan. 13: More than 15 shops were gutted in fire at Dimna Chowk under MGM Police Station on late Tuesday night.
Vegetables, footwear, caps and goggles shops were burnt to ashes after short circuit from a nearby electric pole leaving an estimated Rs 10 worth of loss.
The incident took place late on Tuesday night but the fire fighters arrived only in the Wednesday morning when there was nothing left in the area.
The local people and the shopkeepers when arrived in the morning found the shops gutted in fire.
We have lost everything as the shop was the only means of earning and we would now face serious issues in running the family, said a shopkeeper.
MGM Police in-charge said, 15 shops have been lost due to fire from short circuit and around Rs 10 lakh loss has been estimated.