Sunday, June 13, 2021
spot_img
Array

Seven shops gutted in fire in Bistupur

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Jamshedpur : In a major fire mishap about seven shops were gutted as a fire broke out at midnight at Bistupur Bazaar under Bistupur police station area.

According to information an electrical short circuit is suspected to be the cause behind the major tragedy, that had began from a poultry shop, and spread over to other shops within minutes. However no causality was reported.

The extent of damage caused by the fire was yet to be ascertained, but if the statement of the shop-keepers are to be believed, property worth over Rs 25 lakh have been damaged in the fire.

A shop-keeper said that the fire was noticed first by a commuter, who raised an alarm leading the people who were sleeping in front of their respective shops.

“The site was horrifying as the flames flashed. Though as the news spread they swung into action and started dousing the fire by resorting to the pouring water in the shops,” said an eye witness.

A police official of Bistupur police station said that the fire broke out at midnight however the news reached at about 2.00 am, and the fire was brought under control. “Panic prevailed across the area as the police arrived. It took about three hours to the fire-brigades fought for dousing the flame completely. No causality was reported as the incident took place in the wee hours of the day,” said the official.

The officials of fire brigade were concerned since the shops were set up in tin-sheds. The shops that were completely gutted include grocery shop, stationary shops.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

5,000FansLike
2,000FollowersFollow
8,000FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles