Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Seven injured after coming in contact with HT wire at Mango

Himalayan Paths

Jamshedpur, July 14: In a shocking incident, seven persons, including six workers were injured when an iron ladder they were carrying came in contact with an overhead high-tension wire at Ulidih in Mango on Friday morning. The mishap took place at the double-storeyed house of Kumar Babu in Parmeswarnagar in Ulidih.

The injured, including the land-lord were rushed to the MGM Medical College Hospital, but as the condition of one of the worker was serious he has been referred to Tata Main Hospital.

According to a local resident, a long iron ladder which was being carried from the roof-top to the ground floor from outside after a construction work on the first floor was over.

“While the workers were carrying the ladder, on the roof, the workers lost balance, causing one end of the metal structure to the high-tension wire which was of 11,000 KVA,” said the resident. There was a loud noise and all the seven persons got injured in the spark and also in the electric current.

One of the injured sustained burns in the limbs. Moreover, as the floor was wet due to rain, the victims sustained comparatively more severe burns. One of the injured, Bharat Kumar (35), sustained serious burns. He was referred to Tata Main Hospital’s burn care unit.

An official of Jharkhand Urja Vikash Nigam Ltd (JUVNL) confirmed about the mishap in the overhead power line at Ulidih, but he said the JUVNL was not at all responsible for it.

“We are going to call a probe into the mishap. I think the landlord had a plan to get the heavy iron stair down from the roof-top then he should have informed us. We would have tripped the line for that work. It is a routine procedure and we used to do it in the event of cutting of tree or any other such situation,� he said.

The power supply to the Parmeswarnagar locality remained disrupted for an hour due to the mishap.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles