Friday, December 8, 2023

Seraikela lynching: State Minorities Commission team meets family members, to submit report to the State Government

Jamshedpur: A three-member team of Jharkhand State Minorities Commission on Tuesday visited the house of alleged lynch victim, Tabrez Ansari at Kadamdih in Kharsawan.

Chairman Kamal Khan, and vice-chairmen- Ashok Sarangi and Gurdev Singh Raja visited the victim’s house at Kadamdih in Kharsawan and also at the spot in Dhatkidih in Seraikela, where Tabrez faced mob attack.

“We cannot comment on it. We met the victim’s family members at Kharsawan and also went over to Dhatkidih where Tabrez was assaulted resulting his death four days later in Seraikela Sadar Hospital.  We  will also speak to police and administrative officers of  Seraikela-Kharsawan district.  After the probe we will submit our report to the state government,” said Khan.

Meanwhile, the police administration has expedited the pace of investigation into the sensational case by setting up a special investigation team (SIT).

Deputy inspector general (Kolhan) Kuldeep Dwivedi has set up the SIT and it comprising sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), headquaters, Seraikela, Chandan Kumar, inspector RN Singh and Vijay Singh, and two officials of the district police’s technical cell.

Meanwhile, Tabrez’s uncle Maqsood Ansari while making a statement before a visiting Congress fact-finding team at Kharsawan pointed out that Tabrez fell victim to a mob attack at Dhatkidih village while he was returning home from Jamshedpur along with Noomar and Irfan.  He had said that while Tabrez was nabbed by the mob, Noomar and Irfan managed to escape, but they are still traceless.

 Tabrez who was a resident of Kharsawan was fatally injured in a mob attack  after he was allegedy nabbed while trying to commit theft at a house at Dhatkidih village in Seraikela on the night of June 18.

He was handed over to the police next morning and was sent to Seraikela divisional jail after medical check-up at the Seraikela Ssadar Hospital. But, when his condition deteriorated on  early morning of June 22  he was taken to Sadar Hospital, Seraikela, he died three hours later.

His  wife Shaista Parveen in an FIR said that  during the assault Tabrez was forced utter “Jai Sri Ram” and “Jai Bajrangbali.”

Notably, Tabrez who used to work as a welder, according to his uncle Maqsood Ansari, was married to Shaista Parveen on April 27 this year at Kharsawan and was living with his  mother ( who is a widow) there.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles