Friday, December 8, 2023

Police nab two persons in connection with missing of Bhagwandas Gupta

Jamshedpur : The police have nabbed the two persons, who had assaulted missing businessman Bhagwandas Gupta’s one of the accountants, PK Chatterjee at his office located in Akaash Ganga market complex in Mango two days before he went missing.

One of them was identified as Raju Pervez (42) where as the identity of other assailants, who was 24-year-old, could not be known.

The police officer who is investigating team in Gupta’s case said, ” We believe that the two persons must have some link between their act of search of Gupta’s phone numbers and the latter’s mysterious disappearance two days later.”

A resident of Post Office Road, Gupta who has two iron ingot factories in Purulia and Dhalbhugarh and four weigh-bridges at Jamshedpur, did not return home after he had left his home by riding his scooty on Decmeber 29 .� His son Ajay Gupta had lodged a missing report with the Mango police station on Tuesday.

“We are in state of shock. The police are not saying anything specific behind his disappearance.� The way his scooty and cell-phones were recovered we assume it might be a case of abduction for ransom, but surprisingly we have not got any call as such so far,” said a family member.

Meanwhile, a police official on condition of anonymity said that the department was obtaining the victim’s call details of his cell-phones for the investigation.

After his scooty was recovered from Azadnagar� about three kilometres away from his house on the Post Office Road in Mango, the police on Wednesday recovered his two cell-phones at Ramgarh on Ranchi-Hazaribag Road last evening, giving rise to the suspicion that Gupta might have been abducted by any criminal gang.

Superintendent of police (city) Karthik S said that they are still clueless about the whereabouts of the missing businessman Gupta.

“The investigation leading to the tracing of the businessman’s whereabouts is on” said Karthik.
Gupta, who is owner of two iron ingot factories beside other business units, has gone missing since the evening of December 29.�

He had come out of his Mango Post Office house on a scooty, but has not returned since then.�

Police had recovered the scooty from adjoining Azadnagar in Mango on December 30, where as his two cell-phones were recovered from Ramgarh on Ranchi-Hazaribag Road on December 31 evening.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles