Saturday, September 30, 2023

Mining dept. recovers Rs 2661.13 cr till November, CS orders sectional measurement

Himalayan Paths

Ranchi: Chief Secretary Raj Bala Verma today issued an order that private companies which are mining according to vested provisions should be subjected to sectional measurement.

�Production and lifting should be tallied with the invoices so that it may be insured as to how much mineral has been produced by a particular company and how much dispatched. A team should be formed with the Geological Department for proper sectional measurement,� she said while holding a review meeting of the Mining and Geological Department.

Verma directed that DMFT (District Mining Foundation Trust) fund should be used to benefit the mining affected people in the first phase. Under this, clean pipeline drinking water should be supplied.

She said that Rs. 863 crore is due with different companies in Dhanbad, Bokaro, Chatra and Ramgarh. After acquiring this amount, 2400 drinking water projects can be initiated. It was also decided in the meeting that BCCL, CCL, ECL, SAIL etc. will be corresponded so that developmental work can be done with DMFT funds.

With respect to revenue collection, the CS directed the officials to make the DMO (district mining officer) responsible and special campaign should be run in December to recover the funds.

Strict action should be taken against overloading and departmental officials should visit Chatra, Bokaro, Ramgarh and Dhanbad and make work plan for recovery.

It was directed to notify all wash coal companies about paying the demand Verma said that funds and invoices of companies should be hindered which are not paying. It should be noted that Rs. 114 cr is due in Dhanbad, 08 cr in Bokaro, 215 cr in Ramgarh and 526 cr in Chatra. She also directed that contractors of different dept. of the govt. like Road construction, Building construction etc. should be allotted miner lease, soil lease etc. in 10 days.

She also directed the DMOs to hold weekly review meeting with DEAC and DEIAA regarding minor mining and coordinate with superintending engineer of concerned departments.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles