Friday, September 17, 2021
spot_img
Array

House and lubricant go-down gutted in twin fire mishaps in Jamshedpur

Jamshedpur: Property worth over Rs 1 lakh was destroyed in two separate incidents of fire in Sundernagar and Sidhgora police station areas on Friday. No casualty was however reported in these incidents, police said.
Sources said the fire broke out in a house in Sundernagar around 11 am.

Save for a two year old child, Rita Patro, there was no one in the house. The kid ran out crying on seeing the flames and informed her mother about the incident. Her mother had gone to a house in her neighbourhood at the time of the mishap. Rice, cash and other household goods were charred in the incident, sources said.

Due to the incident, the house owner Ras Bihari Patro and her family members were forced to stay out of the house.

In the other incident, a lubricant godown was gutted at Bhushan Colony in Baridih under Sidhgora police station area on Friday afternoon. Timely arrival of fire-brigades from Tata Motors Ltd in Telco and also from Jharkhand fire station in Golmuri prevented the fire from spreading it to other houses.

The fire was brought under control after three fire-tenders were pressed into service. Owner of the godown, Sandeep Kumar, said the fire was caused by short circuit. Lakhs of lubricant items were burnt in fire.
“We are in state of shock. The fire was caused probably by an electrical short circuit. All the lubricant items have been burnt. The fire continued to spread and stopped only after the stock was gutted,” said Kumar while talking to the newsmen.

” We immediately informed the fire-tenders and it prevented the fire from spreading to adjoining houses. We are assessing the loss due to the fire mishaps, but the mishap caused a huge loss,” said Kumar.

OC, Sidhgora police station, Ashok Kumar said the fire was caught at about 12.30 pm and immediately after someone from the spot had informed the police.

The OC, Sidhgora police station said the godown owner has not yet turned up at the police station for lodging a written complaint. “We will probe to find out the cause of the fire and also extent of loss,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

5,000FansLike
2,000FollowersFollow
8,000FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles