Sunday, March 7, 2021

Fire mishap injures 11 in wedding reception at Jamshedpur’s Alcor Hotel

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Jamshedpur, Feb 22: In a major fire mishap, about a dozen people were injured that took  place at Alcor Hotel in Bistupur late on Sunday night. The mishap took place at a marriage venue located behind the hotel building on the premises due to LPG leakage at a live kitchen. PK Singh who is a resident of Adityapur and a businessman had hosted the marriage party.

In all 11 men were injured, most of them sustaining burn injury. One of the injured who was among the guests has been admitted at Tata Main Hospital. While 10 others, including nine hotel staff were also injured, but they were released from the hospital after first-aid.

The fire would have been massive, but timely action by the hotel staff controlled the situation. Two fire tenders were pressed into service, but fire had been brought under control by the time.

The fire broke out in the carpet laid at the marriage venue in one side where a live kitchen was there for the party. The fire had spread fast, spreading fear.

The hotel staff who were around had quickly fire-extinguisher and stopped the fire from spreading further, but by the time 11 persons, including two guests had sustained injuries.

Deputy superintendent of police Arvind Kumar who had inspected the hotel said most of the victims sustained injuries due to the commotion after the fire broke out. All the injured had been taken to Tata Main Hospital, but only one person has been admitted at the hospital’s burn care unit where his condition stated to be out of danger, ” said Kumar.

The DSP said no one has lodged any written complaint in connection to the mishap, but said they would probe the company which is involved in supplying the LPG cylinder to the hotel.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

5,000FansLike
2,000FollowersFollow
8,000FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles