Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Fire mishap averted at six-storeyed apartment in Jamshedpur

Jamshedpur, March 28: A major fire mishap was averted after a fire broke out in the basement of a six-storeyed apartment at Aambagan under Sakchi police station area on Saturday morning.

According to information due to short circuit the fire had caught at the electrical cable joint box, as the news spread fire tender from Tata Steel fire service rushed to the spot. The incident took place at about 11 am when the residents of the apartment noticed smoke rising from beneath the basement of the building.

Panic spread at the area as soon as the fire broke out.  One of the residents of the apartment informed the Jharkhand Fire Service in Golmuri and also Tata Steel fire service, leading the latter reached the spot within 10 minutes. People rushed on the road after the incident.

As the basement was filled with smoke, the fire-fighters entered into the basement and doused the flame within 20 minutes time.  The residents returned to their flats after the area was cleared  the smoke.

As the news of fire spread, teams of police officials from Sakchi police station as well as  Jusco officials had reached the spot.  While the police inspected and inquired about the cause of fire, the officials from the Jusco inquired about the reason behind the sort circuit.

OC, Sakchi, Kunal Kumar confirmed that the fire was caused due to  short circuit at the joint box.

” We are investigating the incident. We are happy that  no one was injured in the fire which was controlled by the timely arrival of the Tata Steel fire service personnel,” said Kumar while talking to newsmen.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles