Monday, February 6, 2023

Chhinga Veng FC inflict second loss on JFC Reserves with 0-1 win


Jamshedpur, Jan. 17: After going down against TRAU FC in their opening fixture of the season, the Jamshedpur FC Reserves suffered yet another defeat, this time at the hands of Chhinga Veng FC. However, the final score line could have ended up differently had captain Billu Teli converted from the spot but at the end, it was Lalliansanga’s goal for Chhinga Veng FC in the 35th minute that proved to be the difference between the two sides.

Head coach, Kundan Chandra and the management made a total number of four changes for the sideís second outing in the I- League Second Division. The likes of Raisen Hansda, Baset Hansdah, Srinjoy Dutta and Subhankar Sana got a chance to showcase their skills while star centre forward Billu Teli led the side for the second time.

The early minutes of play saw the hosts enjoy a positive spell of possession where, the boys exchanged swift passes. However, the visitors wasted no time in making their presence felt when, in the 10th minute, a cross from the right to midfielder Thasiama ended with his skied shot flying wide off the mark. This was an early warning for the hosts of the threatening intents of the opposition attack.

However, the spectators at the Furnace were witness to a good, open game.
Later in the half, the young colts from Jamshedpur started dominating the moves for possession of the ball with captain Billu Teli pulling strings from the centre of the park but the JFC Reserves team captain also got his name into the referee’s book for a late lunge on an opposition player. This was the midfielder’s second booking in as many games.

But the domination of possession by the home side could not be converted to any advantage as Chhinga Veng FCís Lalliansanga latched on to the ball in a counter move and scored for his side in the 35th minute.

The Jamshedpur FC Reserves needed an immediate turn around in the proceedings and the chance came in the 40th minute when Raisenís long throw into the oppositionís box that resulted in a melee and a penalty accrued for the hosts in the process. Billu Teli took the kick but ws saved by the agile Chhinga Veng FC goalkeeper. The scorline remained 0-1 in favour of the visiting team at lemon break.

With only half an hour remaining in the second-half, head coach Kundan Chandra brought on Shamim Hossain, a forward in place of midfielder, Asifullah Khan. With this substitution, the Reserves team upped the ante in search of an equalizer.

Unfortunately for the remainder of the second half, the opposition held on to their slender lead while the JFC Reserves suffered their second defeat in as many games. The Reserves now face an away trip to Kolkata on January 23 to face ATK.
Meanwhile, JFC skipper Tiri who has rejoined the JFC team after a break, along with Karan Amin, coach Cesar Ferrando and rest of the coaching staff, watched todayís proceedings at the Furnace.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles