Saturday, March 6, 2021
Array

50 year old man electrocuted at Kapali

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Jamshedpur: A 50-year-old man was electrocuted while trying to put a wet cloth on an electric wire in his residential premises at Islamnagar, Kapali under Chandil police station area near Mango.

The victim identified as Abad Alam Chowdhury was rushed to Tata Main Hospital’s emergency ward where the doctors declared him brought dead. According to information as he tried spreading the wet cloth for drying on the steel wire he was stuck in the wire and died on the spot.

The police recovered the body and sent it to the MGM Medical College mortuary for post-mortem after registering a case of unnatural death.

Assistant sub-inspector Umesh Singh of Tata Main Hospital’s camp police station in Bistupur said that this was a case of electrocution. ” As per the initial investigation it was a case of electrocution. We have already taken a statement from Kamrul Haque, who is a close relative of the victim,” said Singh.

Kamrul, who stayed at the victim’s house, said that the power line that had been drawn to their house from the neighbour’s house was fixed in the same iron pole in which the steel wire was tied for spreading wet cloth. Following the news of Chowdhury’s death spread in the Islamnagar, a pall of gloom has descended in that densely-populated area.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

5,000FansLike
2,000FollowersFollow
8,000FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles