Jamshedpur, May 22 : In a shocking incident a three-year-old girl was injured as she came in contact with an overhead power line belonging to JUVNL at the rooftop of a house on Gurudwara Road in Mango on Monday morning.
The victim was identified as, Pinki Kumari, daughter of Vinod Thakur, was rushed to MGM Medical College Hospital emergency where she was admitted for treatment. “We have started treatment and she is now out of danger only because she had been rushed to the hospital in time,” said the doctor. The baby girl was playing on the rooftop of a single-storeyed building in the densely-populated Mango area as the mishap took place.
The house on the rooftop of which the electrocution took place seems to have been built in deviation of the building plan. The child might have come in contact in the power line while playing on the extended rooftop.
” We are in state of shock.
My daughter came in contact with the life wire, she started crying. Soon my mother went over to the rooftop to see Pinky lying on the roof. Immediately, my mother picked up the child and made me to rush her to the medical college hospital,” said Thakur.
Thakur, who is a water-pump mechanic admitted to have extended the rooftop excessively and had he not done violated the building norms.
According to information, there are several houses built up in such a way that danger from live overhead power line always keeps hanging. Several houses have deviated from the actual building plan.
Sub-divisional officer (electrical), Mango, Naveen Kumar Singh said that it is really shocking. They will probe the mishap and will take action. “as per the Indian Electricity Rule, there must be minimum six feet distance from the overhead power line. But the people have set up houses giving blind eye to the norms” Singh.
MNAC special officer, Jagdish Yadav claimed they will check any violation in the Mango civic area and take action against those involved.