Government allocates Rs 16 Cr for beautification, martyrs to get job reservation
Seraikela, Jan 1: Chief Minister Hemant Soren announced of making the Kharsawan shaheed sthal a world class tourist destination with an estimated budget of Rs 16 crore.
Hemant Soren on Saturday reached Kharsawan and paid tribute in a traditional way at the program organized in the memory of the martyrs in the Kharsawan shooting incident of January 1, 1948.
Speaking to media after paying homage, Hemant Soren said that in the coming days, initiative would be taken to make Kharsawan Shaheed Sthal a world class tourist destination.
Under which many infrastructure and facilities will be increased. Hi-tech display system will be installed to display the history of Kharsawan Shaheed Sthal for the information of the people coming here along with a multi-purpose building hall on a similar lines as has been done at Jallianwala Bagh and other martyr places. There will be many development works as well.
Many works have been done by the district administration for the beautification and convenience inside Kharsawan Shaheed Park with corporate social responsibility funds. But this Shaheed Park is often closed after the January 1 program. This happens in the absence of a committee for maintenance and in the absence of allocation of amount for maintenance. But now a committee has been formed for the management of this Shaheed Park comprising MPs, MLAs, people of various political parties, members of the martyr’s family and the priests who worship here like Pahan have been kept in the committee.
Shaheed Park will now be maintained through this management committee and that it will be opened to the public after the program of 1 January 2022. That is, now common people will be able to roam inside this park throughout the year. And will be able to know about the history of the martyr. For this, some amount will also be charged from the public as entrance fee. However, the amount to be taken has not been decided yet.
Between 73 years after the Kharsawan firing incident on January 1, 1948, work was done to restore the facilities and beautification of Shaheed Park, but so far only two martyrs have got the respect. Till now the government has not been able to identify most of the martyrs. One lakh rupees have been given to Bitturam Soy, dependent of martyr Dole Soy and Nandu Bodra, dependent of martyr Singrai Bodra.
When asked about this, Hemant Soren said that for 20 years after the formation of Jharkhand, cheating has been done in the name of marking the martyrs. But now his government has made the commission better to identify the martyrs and agitators. Under which the work of honoring the martyrs and agitators will be done. He said that his government has started the work of giving 5 percent horizontal reservation in employment to the martyr families.
The chief minister was accompanied by tribal welfare minister Champai Soren, health minister Banna Gupta, social welfare minister Joba Manjhi and all JMM MLAs from Kolhan alongwith Singhbhum MP Geeta Koda and her husband former Chief Minister Madhu Koda also attended.