Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Jamshedpur: Fire at furniture shop, goods worth lakhs destroyed

Jamshedpur, Oct 16: Shri Ram furniture shop was badly damaged in a fire mishap on  Friday night near Ramlila Maidan in Sakchi. At nine o’clock in the night, a fire broke out in the straw unit next to the building, which spread rapidly. After this, the fire reached the furniture kept in Shri Ram shop.

According to the information received, 15 to 20 sofas of the furniture shop were burnt to ashes, due to which there is a possibility of loss of lakhs. Five fire tenders brought the fire under control after an hour’s effort. The owner of the shop, Ritesh Mohan, said that there was a fire in the first straw unit, which gradually reached my shop. Furniture worth five lakhs was burnt in the fire.On the other hand, on Saturday, a delegation led by BJM District President Subodh Srivastava took stock of the incident. The BJM leaders met the aggrieved shopkeeper and inquired about the entire incident. 
MLA representative (Business Affairs) Akash Shah said that this incident has happened on the day of Dussehra, when the entire market remains shut. The administration should conduct a thorough investigation into this, the property of the victim shopkeeper was damaged in lakhs and the administration and JNAC should ensure that such incidents are not repeated.

Leave a Reply

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles